Saturday, December 8, 2007

Diving In...

In my attempt to be more serious about reading this year, I am jumping into my first reader's challenge, hosted by Deweymonster.

For my selections, I am choosing

The Gathering, Anne Enright
The Blind Assassin, Margaret Atwood
Amsterdam, Iam McEwan
Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha, Roddy Doyle (I read this years ago but the only thing I remember is that I loved it)
Possession, A.S Byatt
Vernon God Little, DBC Pierre

And yeah, I'm still going to do the NYT Notable books (although I'd never for a second think I could get through all 100 of them); I believe that The Gathering is an overlap, so that takes care of that, right? Ethan's going to have to take some really long naps...

Oh, and The Whole World Over? I kind of fell in love with it a little bit last night.

3 comments:

Dewey said...

Thanks for joining! I really loved The Blind Assassin, but then again I've loved every Atwood I've read. :)

Amy said...

I loved The Blind Assassin -- I think that might be my favorite of Atwood's novels. Possession was enjoyable also, though I saw the movie first, which always skews my reading a little.

KMW said...

The Gathering, Anne Enright--reading it right now and I think it's quite good.

The Blind Assassin, Margaret Atwood--I read and did not like, but I am the only one I know who feels that way.

Amsterdam, Iam McEwan--I read it, but didn't love it like Atonement. It's cold.

Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha, Roddy Doyle--haven't read, but started a hundred times. I did read The Woman who Walked into Walls or Doors or something that by him, and I liked that.

Possession, A.S Byatt--I LOVE this book, but don't see the move afterwards because they ruin it.

Vernon God Little, DBC Pierr--haven't read.

Okay, um. I am sure that was fascinating for you and you might be saying, "thanks for sharing." So. sorry if too much info, but the English major in me got excited. Must say I am loving this multiple blog thing.